- 1 How can I be a good substitute?
- 2 What should a substitute bring?
- 3 What are rules for kindergarten?
- 4 How can a substitute teacher control a classroom?
- 5 Do substitute teachers teach?
- 6 What do substitute teachers wear?
- 7 What qualities make a good substitute teacher?
- 8 What great substitute teachers do differently?
- 9 How do you set up a kindergarten classroom?
- 10 Why do we follow rules kindergarten?
- 11 Why do we have rules kindergarten?
- 12 How much do substitute teachers make?
- 13 What are emergency sub plans?
- 14 How do I start a subbing?
How can I be a good substitute?
Follow these 10 tips to improve your skills as an educator and become an effective substitute teacher:
- Arrive early.
- Be understanding.
- Use other teachers as a resource.
- Maintain control of the classroom.
- Bring your own supplies.
- Consider any special needs students.
- Have a backup plan.
- Reward good behavior.
What should a substitute bring?
Sub Grab-Bag: What Every Substitute Teacher Should Have
- Paper clips.
- Marking pens.
- Name tags.
- Seating chart forms.
- Ream of duplicating paper.
- Literature selections.
- Emergency lesson plans (see Chapter 5 in the Substitute Teacher Handbook for these)
What are rules for kindergarten?
KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOM RULES:
- We listen and do.
- We sit, stand, and walk properly.
- We treat others the way we would like to be treated.
- We take turns and share.
- We respect the personal space of others.
- We do not leave the classroom without permission.
- We raise our hand before we speak.
How can a substitute teacher control a classroom?
Classroom-Management Tips for Substitute Teachers
- of 08. Talk to Students Before Class. Thomas Barwick / Iconica / Getty Images.
- of 08. Act Like You’re in Control.
- of 08. Don’t Get Too Friendly.
- of 08. Stay on Top of Discipline.
- of 08. Avoid Confrontations.
- of 08. Give Praise.
- of 08. Keep Students Busy.
- of 08. Have Referral Forms Ready.
Do substitute teachers teach?
In the state of California, day-to-day substitute teachers must have a permit authorizing them to teach in the classroom. The permit is valid for one year and may be renewed, as long as the school district keeps a Statement of Need on file.
What do substitute teachers wear?
Substitute Teacher Dress Code: What to Wear as a Sub
- Comfortable dress shoes/flats (avoid sneakers, sandals, or open-toed shoes)
- Business-casual or professional attire.
- Solid colored slacks (no jeans, avoid capris)
- Neatly ironed buttoned up collared shirt.
- Blouse and/or knitted sweater/cardigan.
What qualities make a good substitute teacher?
Here are the qualities to look for in your substitute teachers.
- Passion. Most substitute teachers are looking for more than just a paycheck.
- Sense of humor.
- Interpersonal skills.
What great substitute teachers do differently?
Here’s what the very best substitute teachers do differently. They’re reliable.
- They meet the expectations of their position.
- They show up on time (read: early!)
- They carry out lesson plans.
- They consistently enforce class rules and expectations.
- They follow through with promises made to students.
How do you set up a kindergarten classroom?
10 Ideas for Setting Up Your Kindergarten Classroom
- Set the tone of organization from day one.
- Group work with tables and chairs.
- Rug time is the best time!
- Reading Nook.
- Visuals, visuals, visuals!
- Space for Centers and Workstations.
- Organization for Centers and Workstations.
- Save some space for small group lessons.
Why do we follow rules kindergarten?
Students will identify purposes for having rules and ways that they provide order, fairness, security, and safety in the home, school, and community.
Why do we have rules kindergarten?
The number one reason why we have rules is to say safe! In our kindergarten classroom, we want to create an atmosphere that is safe and can be a learning environment for all children.
How much do substitute teachers make?
The median pay for substitute teachers in the US is $13.79 an hour. As of May 2018, more than 500,000 substitute teachers worked in the US, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Subs earned a median hourly wage of $13.79 and an average hourly wage of $15.56.
What are emergency sub plans?
These emergency sub plans are meant to provide review and practice opportunities that will keep your students engaged in your absence and give your guest teacher organized activities to use.
How do I start a subbing?
There’s no single, nationwide credential to start substitute teaching. If you’re thinking about subbing in California, we recommend doing one of two things to get you on the path toward earning your Emergency 30-Day Permit: You can retrieve your old SAT scores, which might satisfy the state’s basic skills requirement.